Fort Smith, AR Real Estate Information
Are you considering a move to Fort Smith, AR? There are many great reasons to move to this city. Check out these seven reasons to move to Fort Smith!
1. Fort Smith, AR is growing quickly and is a great place to find a job
2. Fort Smith, AR is a great place to live and work
Fort Smith is a great town to live and work. It’s small enough that you know everyone but big enough that you can get anything you need. There’s plenty of work, the cost of living is low, the weather is excellent, and you’re close to many great places.
3. Fort Smith is home to a thriving small business community and an increasingly educated workforce
Fort Smith is a thriving small business community and an increasingly educated workforce. With affordable housing and a low cost of living, it’s easy for new businesses to get a foothold. There’s also a wealth of educational and training opportunities available thanks to the University of Arkansas at Fort Smith (https://uafs.edu/).
4. If you want to be closer to nature, Fort Smith, AR is a good choice, as it's close to several lakes and surrounded by mountains
Fort Smith is located on the Arkansas/Oklahoma border, near the Ozark National Forest. Plus, the city is on the Arkansas River.
5. There are many museums and historical sites in Fort Smith
Museums in Fort Smith are a great place to spend a day or weekend. Fort Smith is home to the Fort Smith National Historic Site, a great place to learn about the area’s history. It is the site of a fort that was built in the mid-1800s and is now a museum. The other museum is the Fort Smith Museum of History, a museum that focuses on the history of Fort Smith.
6. Fort Smith has a deep history and founding
Fort Smith is a city in the northwestern part of the state and is the county seat of Sebastian County. The town is located where the Arkansas River crosses the Oklahoma state line. The city is named after General Thomas Adams Smith, who oversaw the construction of the military post. Fort Smith was once the largest city in the Arkansas Territory.
7. There are many festivals in Fort Smith Arkansas
Median Value Of Owner-occupied housing units: $121,800
Median Selected Monthly Owner Costs (With A Mortgage): $1,018
Median Gross Rent: $685
Median Household Income: $41,724
Top 5 Employment Industries: